Colour Science: Colour Appearance Model, Chromatic Adaptation, Simultaneous Contrast, Chromatic Contrast Sensitivity and Memory Colour; Lighting Engineering: Museum lighting, LED lighting Quality, Colour Rendering, Lighting Appearance and Atmosphere.
1. QY. Zhai, M.R. Luo, XY. Liu. The impact of illuminance and colour temperature on viewing fine art paintings under LED lighting. Lighting Research & Technology. 2015; Vol. 47(7): 795¨C809
2. QY. Zhai, M.R. Luo, XY. Liu. The impact of LED lighting parameters on viewing fine art paintings. Lighting Research & Technology. 2016; Vol. 48(6): 711-725
3. K.A.G. Smet, Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, P. Hanselaer. Study of chromatic adaptation using memory color matches, Part I: neutral illuminants. Optics Express, 25(7), 7732-7748.
4. K.A.G. Smet, Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, P. Hanselaer. Study of chromatic adaptation using memory color matches, Part II: colored illuminants. Optics Express, 25(7), 8350-8365.
5. Bing, Li, QY. Zhai, J. B. Hutchings, M.R. Luo, & FT. Ying. Atmosphere perception of dynamic led lighting over different hue ranges. Lighting Research & Technology, 2017, doi:147715351770253.
Conference - Oral Presentation:
1. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, X. Liu. The impact of the luminance levels and colour temperature on viewing fine art under LED lighting. Lighting
Quality and Energy Efficiency, Apr.2014, Kuala Lumpur. CIE x039:2014; 73-81.
2. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, P. Hanselaer, K.A.G. Smet. Chromatic Adaptation and Simultaneous Colour Contrast Effect under both Neutral and
Colour Backgrounds. The 3rd International Conference of Asia Color Association, May.2016, Changshu; 77-80.
3. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, P. Hanselaer, K.A.G. Smet. Modelling Incomplete Chromatic Adaptation and Colour Contrast Using Memory Colours.
CIC24, Color Imaging Conference, Nov.2016, San Diego (Vol. 2016, No. 1, pp. 82-87). Society for Imaging Science and Technology.
4. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo. A Brief Review of Colour Quality Assessments of LED Lightings for Museums. The 5th China Academic Conference on
Printing & Packaging and Media Technology, Nov.2016, Xi¡¯an (pp. 139-144). Springer, Singapore.
5. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo. A Study of Neutral White and Degree of Chromatic Adaptation. CIC25, Color Imaging Conference, Sept.2017,
Lillehammer. Society for Imaging Science and Technology.
6. Q. Zhai, K.A.G. Smet, P. Hanselaer, M.R. Luo. Study of Chromatic Adaptation via a Memory Colour Matching Method. The 13th AIC. Oct.
7. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, C. Chou, H. Chen. How the Colour Fidelity and Gamut of Lightings affect the Preference of Paintings? The 13th AIC.
Oct. 2017, Jeju.
8. Q. Zhai, B. Li, J.B. Hutchings, F. Ying, M.R. Luo. Modelling Atmosphere Perceptions of Dynamic Coloured Lightings. The 13th AIC. Oct.
9. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo. Study Chromatic Adaptation via Neutral White Assessment in Different Viewing Conditions. CIE 2017. Jeju.
10. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo. Colour Quality Assessment Under LED Tuneable Sources with Varying Gamut Sizes and Shapes. CIE 2017. Jeju.
Conference - Poster:
1. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, and X. Liu. The effect of colour rendering and duv on the quality of museum lighting, Lighting Conference of China,
Japan and Korea 2014, Aug.2014, Tianjin.
2. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, and X. Liu. Monitor reproduction of oil paintings under museum LED lighting using CIECAM02. 28th CIE Session 2015,
Jun-Jul.2015, Manchester. CIE 216:2015; 941-947.
3. Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, C. Chou, H. Chen. Preference of Paintings under LED Lightings with Variations of CCT, Colour Fidelity and Colour
Gamut. The 1st International Museum Lighting Symposium & Workshops. Sept.2017, London.
Conference - Co-author:
1. M. R. Luo, F. Zhao, Q. Zhai, X. Liu, and B. Wang. The impact of LED on human visual experience. Solid State Lighting. China SSL, Nov.2013. 10th China International Forum on (pp.280-283). IEEE.
2. Y. Zhu, M.R. Luo, L. Xu, X. Liu, Q. Zhai, and G. Cui. Investigation of Memory Colors of Chinese Observers. Advanced Graphic Communications, Packaging Technology and Materials, 2016 (pp.103-109).
3. K.A.G. Smet, Q. Zhai, M.R. Luo, and P. Hanselaer. Investigating chromatic adaptation using memory colours. The 4th Symposium on Colour and Visual Appearance, Sept.2016, Prague. CIE x043: 2016.
2012.11-2013.06 Impact of illuminance and colour temperature on viewing fine art paintings under LED lighting.
2013.10-2014.04 Effect of colour rendering and duv on the quality of museum LED lighting.
2013.11-2014.06 Impact of LED on visual experience in a study space.
2014.03-2014.12 Fine art paintings reproductions on displays and image enhancement using CIECAM02.
2014.11-2016.03 Culture-dependent memory colours and image colour scaling on a monitor.
2015.04-2016.10 The appearance and atmosphere of LED dynamic colour lighting.
2015.04- Chromatic Adaptation Transforms updating using memory colours and neutral whites.
2016.03- Chromatic contrast sensitivity functions for different spatial frequencies and colours on displays.
2016.06- Colour modelling for HDR display.
2016.09- Multi dimensional colour quality index of LED lighting.
Addr: Rm 313, No. 3 Teaching Building,
Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang Unversity,
Hangzhou 310027, China